Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Need to remove the the drivers side rear panel to access the window lift. Is this a standard poop on panel? Has anyone had a random window failure?
  2. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

never mind too simple, didn't see the two 7mm screws.
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How did you make out with the window?
  4. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

I have it all apart, with the window regulator out. I have to wait a day for the new one to come in but it was darn simple two 7 mm screws, lift the panel, undo the lamp and window switch, removed the speaker cover while I was at it to respray it since it had some rust on it. Undo the speaker's 3 ten mm screws and the regulators 2 more 10 mm screws and then removed the motor.

Has the same Bosch regulators as my BMW's.
  5. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

While I'm at it how do I know if it has a Bose system or not? Wouldn't the headunit say Bose on it? It has the subwoofer and OnStar but Crutchfield's site list's
    with bose with onstar
    without bose with OnStar
    without Bose with factory subwoofer
    without Bose without factory subwoofer

I have OnStar but no sure in the Bose as the speakers have no markings nor does the headunit.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What Year-n-Model is your Ride???
  7. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

02 tahoe lt
  8. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

So I've pulled the window lift assembly out and replaced with the new one and still does not work. Was going off what shop owner told me, damn should have done a voltage check prior to purchasing it.

No voltage when switch is applied in either direction. I see no fuses blown in either panels so any idea what it might be without having to do continuity checks across the circuit?
  9. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

My window just broke last week. I was putting it down, Head almost like a "pop" now it won't go down or up the rest of the way (thankfully I have a vent visor, and its only 1/2 inch from the top. If I press the window switch, it sounds like it wants to move, but wont.. I'm guessing maybe it fell of the track or something? I just haven't had time ot pull it apart. Any suggestions?
  10. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Just take it apart and check out what's going on. Only two 7 mm screws holding the panel on. My issue turned out to be no power at the switch so I need to check the circuit.