Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

door speaker wire's

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by MBurke, Mar 21, 2010.

1. MBurke

MBurke Rockstar

Hello...I have a 2004 silverado with stock head unit and stock front door speakers. I have 6 1/2s in the door and tweeters above them. If I replace them with aftermarket coaxial speakers how do I wire them up ? What do I do with the tweeter wires ? Do I leave the tweeter wire unhooked or do I take the tweeter wires and door speaker wires and run them to the coaxial speakers ? Of course I would use the + and - of each and run them together to the coaxial speaker. I hope this makes sense...its getting late :smile:

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Quick question, does your truck have the Bose system?

3. MBurke

MBurke Rockstar

Im sorry....no it is not a Bose

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought Kicker KS series that came with the aftermarket tweeter and the mid ranged, they come with crossovers that you put the main drivers side + and - to the input, and it outputs tweeter + and -, and midrange + and -. So, it was just basically plug and play.

[​IMG]