Door speakers quit working? ideas?? 2008 Silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Ganey_1, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Ganey_1

Ganey_1 New Member

The door speakers in my 2008 chevy silverado quit working, and sometimes if you killed the truck out, when you crunk it back up they would start working again, and they would either stop working going down the road, or when you killed the truck out and crunk it again. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it???

Thanks for your time,
    Zak

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My driver side door speaker does the same thing. Let me know if you find anything out.

3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Three of my door speakers already crapped out on my '08. They were all replaced under warranty. I never crank the radio too loud either, I just chalked it up to really inferior speakers. I asked the guy at the dealership why they all went bad and he just looked down at the paper he handed me and read off "internal open circuit". :neutral: Seems to be a common problem with the newer trucks.

4. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Yes the problem is you just have the crappiest $5 paper cone made in china crap gm speakers in your door, solution is to go to Best buy and get some Alpine SPS-600 installed for around $100.

I picked up my 2010 on a thursday and on saturday went to best buy and had them throw in an Alpine Head unit and some Alpine Speakers. They gave me free install as they were running a special if you buy a head unit and speakers they gave me a Free install. Soooooooooooo happy I ordered my vehicle without a stereo (it came with crappy gm speakers in the doors) and opted for after market alpine system.

Now I'm Goin Down the Road Feelin Bad, Headed to were the water tastes like wine,........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpWU990r_Ro&feature=related

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011