1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door speakers.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by heavytooheavy, Mar 4, 2010.

1. heavytooheavy

heavytooheavy New Member

I currently have a kicker l7 square 15 in my bronco with a true 1600w powerbass amp, but I am deaf now, so i want a hard hitting system that i can put in my doors without the inconvence of having it under or behind the seat, im putting it in a 2005 chev silverado 1500 any suggestions
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What body style do you have?
  3. heavytooheavy

heavytooheavy New Member

i dont have the checy yet, i still got my bronco though, its a 92, lifted on 37's. small mods..gears cam etc
  4. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Gonna need to know what body style you have so we can tell you where to put the speakers...
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well you kinda have a oxy moron thing going on....the largest speaker your gonna get in any door is the stock size 6x9 etc....depending on your body style. So no hard hitting system from just door speakers...you might get someone to fabricate fiberglass kick panels for a 8" sub....but even that is pushing it for space.

That L7 is going to need a good sized box and if your going to to do a 15" sub in a truck you better consider a blow through set up for it to sound respectable.

I had my L7 8" subs under the rear seat but I guy at a local shop had a box design that he claimed would make my 8's sound like tens or better....and it worked but even that I had to go with a blow through set up. Trucks either need a blow through or remove the back seats from a crew cab and make it one big sub box back there to get a hard hitting system that turns heads.

If you just want a good sounding system with some bass subs under the rear seat are perfect as long as they have enough air space....everyones tastes and needs are different.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010