1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Door wont unlock

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ddoyel, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ddoyel

ddoyel New Member

Hey everyone! Newbie with a problem. 2001 silverado regular cab will not ulock drivers door with a key or from the inside. How can i get it unlocked? After unlocked how does the door panel come off to repair it? Thanks!

2. ericz

ericz New Member

This has happened to both of my back doors in my Suburban.
    Pop off the door panel. You may have to unscrew the arm rest. In the Suburban, behind the door panel, there are some holes in the sheet metal you can stick your arm in. there is a metal rod running from the lock/unlock lever to the end of the door where the lock is. the rod has a fork or a "Y". one fork goes to the lock, the other goes to the electric actuator. In my chevy, the actuator was the problem. The end of the rod has a hook on it, unhook it from the actuator. Try unlocking the door. Both of my actuators were frozen and preventing the locks from working. The actuators are riveted on, mounted on the inside. kind of a pain to get to so I decided to go with manual locks in the back. Possibly this summer I might try to replace them... probably not though.
    Good luck.

3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

behind the locker theres this little tab that moves it back and fourth it may got out of place happened to a work truck.

-just take off the little molding by the handle
    -the inner triangle thing by the mirror
    -unbolt one or 2 bolts by the arm rest of the door panel.
    -take off the strip that runs along the window
    -try to pull up carefully

Becareful with your speaker wiring you dont wanna rip em out.