1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

doors sag? and air leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nabisco_12, Jul 9, 2012.

1. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

Ok i have a wind air leak on my driver door, blowing the right way it is as loud if you have the window open... i found that my hinges need work, so i called the dealership figure they could do it and they said over 600!!!!! so i called the gmc dealer and he wont do it he said i had to go to a body shop and they have to take out the dash and drill and put bolts in...800$ wtf?? they said that the autozone ones will last 3 months....

Thanks!
  2. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

change your door hinge pins before you take it to the dealer. you can get them at the auto parts store.the bushing wear out and cause the door to sag.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I second the door hinge pins and bushings, it'll be a lot less than $600.
    Dont let them fool you with that line about only lasting 3 months either they dont use any special metal that aftermarket parts arent made of.
  4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Most door hinge parts come from the same manufacturer as the Dealer gets them from through Gm, at a greater expense and markup. Dorman is a very good brand to look for.
  5. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

If you change the bushing /pins ..make sure to get the tool to compress springs pita.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good point, it can shorten the work time considerably having the right tools and they arent that expensive.
  7. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

so what exactly is this compression tool called? and i take it Dorman is the brand to use?
  8. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

i dont see where i would need to compress a spring at?