1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Double Din Conversion on 99 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 99ChevySilverado, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 99ChevySilverado

99ChevySilverado New Member

Starting a Double Din Pioneer in my dash.... pics and a description to come... not going the way of putting the 03 -06 bezel on the 99 dash... looks cheap and careless... going to use the stock bezel and single din slides off the side and cut the stock bezel opening and make it look like it was suppose to be that way from the factory... until I get picture and stuff posted... any ideas or tips to make it alittle easy? Input would help alot..
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've seen (in person) a 03-06 bezel used on a 2001 model and it looked OEM. Thus, I'd imagine it only looks careless if someone's sloppy about the work...
  3. 99ChevySilverado

finished the install today.. Took about 7 hours. Used the stock dash bezel. PICS to come. Still have some filing and have to make the piece that fits around the screen but so far im happy with how it came out and everything fit like it was suppose to be there.
  4. 99ChevySilverado

Ive seen some in different makes and models and yes it does look good I must say.. sorry for the comment earlier.. some poeple got a little upset on another forum, didnt mean anything personal about it.. i dont know how to upload pics on the thread so they will be in my profile. Unless someone can tell me how to put them on this thread

- - - Updated - - -

photos posted.. will post photos tomorrow of screen moved up and back piece made that will cover the gaps in the side..
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The easiest way to explain it is for you to follow these instructions when reading this site from a web browser:
    • Click the reply button to reply to this post. (No need to reply with quote.)
    • Notice the icons in the area above where you enter your reply text.
    • Hover over those icons one by one until you find the one whose hover text reads 'Insert Image'
    • Click the 'Insert Image' icon
    • Notice that the dialog box that's presented to you contains two tabs: 'From Computer' and 'From URL' -- choose the one that represents the location from where you'll be uploading the pic. (i.e. Choose 'From Computer' if the pic will be uploaded to this website from your computer ... or choose 'From URL' if the pic will be uploaded to this website from another website.)
    • The rest should be self-obviating...
  6. 99ChevySilverado

Here is is...

Finished
    [​IMG]..
  7. RayEdwards1987

RayEdwards1987 New Member

I was looking at your pics on the install, and had a quick question. The vertical bar behind the radio cage, how do you remove it. You said you decided not to cut it but not sure how to get it out. Once the two rivets are removed and the nut at the bottom, will it come right off or am i missing something. Thanks