Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

double hump heads vs. vortec heads

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by slims, Aug 23, 2010.

1. slims

slims New Member

I have a 327 with everything done N/A you can do. Right now the truck has thunder racing ported double hump heads. My parts guy at thunder racing told me switching to vortec heads wouldnt be worth the money. Anybody on here switch from double hump to vortech?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

A big thing is if you are going with a good set of aftermarket Aluminum Vortec heads, and if you are running a stock set of double humps the Vortecs flow better and are lighter as well as cool better.

3. slims

slims New Member

My current heads have been ported. If i switch, It will be for the best vortec heads i can get my hands on.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Got ya.. let us know what you end up going with when you do since alot of us end up going with more performance parts when our motors let loose...