1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

drain coolant

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by j_weezy, Nov 7, 2009.

1. j_weezy

j_weezy New Member

hi,attempting to drain my coolant in my 03 silverado.i found the drain plug by the radiaior but wondering is there anymore places to drain more or is that it?just wondering before i go on with this proceess.thanks

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nope...........go for it. You can flush the heater system if you want to get old coolant out of there. Most stores carry the Prestone flush kit.
    [​IMG]

3. j_weezy

j_weezy New Member

cool,thanks.yeah i going to use that flush kit,got one on the monte worked great,but unsure where to put it on the silverado.any pics to show?

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check out the Prestone site: http://www.prestone.com/products/accessories.php