Dream truck build list

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kjrmayfield, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kjrmayfield

kjrmayfield Member

So I have this Silverado. I would like to go all out with this thing and dont really know all thats out there, as far as well built, reliable, and most importantly functional replacement parts. I'm not talking 32 inches of lift on 52 inch swampers or anything ridiculous like that, but a well rounded, do anything, overbuilt truck.
    Ideal situation would be plenty of power(duh!!!), strong running gear, above average payload capabilities(its a 1500 so I'm not talking tractor pull payloads or anything:), and most important, in my book anyway, is Off road capabilities and of course looks! I was just wondering what you guys with more experience in all things Silverado would do, given the chance.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Whoo, that's a wide-open question you got there. ;-) Are you looking to do this like one piece at a time over the long haul? What type of budget too?

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We'll I'll bite. If I had your truck with a decent size budget. I'd get a nice 6" suspension up front with 4" blocks and aal's in the rear to help out with the payload. Some 35" BFG AT tires to get me through most terrain. I'd go Brushguard or Bull Bar in the front with Mounted winch and a couple lights. Rear One piece steel bumper. Rhino/Linexed Bedliner. Interior I'd go with some great all season mats Front and Rear. Under the hood I'd get some extra power with some pacesetter long tube headers and Edge programmer all flowing through a nice magnaflow system....Well that was fun :glasses:

4. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hook ...line..an sinker :great:

5. kjrmayfield

kjrmayfield Member

Thanks for the ideas. That sounds like a solid truck. Do you guys like the BFG A/T? I'm getting ready for some new tires and I am still up in the air...