1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

drilled and slotted rotors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

anyone have experience with these?? do they have same wear rate as standard rotors or will it be shorter or longer. I have found some that are say they are for SUVs and are the stock size as my suburban, considering Chevy brakes were never known to be great I would think that these along with some good pads would help the pedal response and fade that it is known for.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I put slotted rotors on my wifes minivan...the rears warped within a year, went back to regular ones. Ceramic pads are the way to go, but they eat into the rotors more than metalics
  3. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

If one is to change up the disk brakes, go for larger diameter rotors and heavier calipers. Those fancy pants drilled and slotted rotors are mostly to give a person something to brag about around a keg. They are better for racing since they cool faster, but a waste of money on the street.