1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Drive train thump

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by birdie76, Nov 15, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. birdie76

birdie76 New Member

I had posted in another section about haveing a strange thump coming from somewhere in the drivetrain. It happens when i come to a complete stop, then left off the brakes. It's like something is binding under the pressure from stopping then releaseing when i let off the brakes. One of the fellow clubbers said he had a similar problem and was diagnosed as the driveshaft yoke binding up inside the transmissions tailshaft splines. Has anyone else had the same issues and if so how did you fix it. I have a 2008 Silverado LTZ 5.3L. The only thing i have done to it is put a new set of Bilteins all around (which is the topic of another question i have). I had the problem before hand.
  2. jasondavis1189

jasondavis1189 New Member

wouldnt hurt to check the u joints if you havent already. my dad had on go out on his 08 duramax last year