1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Drive up OBDII scanning kiosk

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by unplugged, Feb 9, 2007.

1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Drive up OBDII scanning kiosk. Read about it at gizmag.com
    You drive up, swipe your credit card and plug your car in. It reads active and stored DTC codes and lets you know what is going on with your vehicle or on a vehicle you are interested in buying. Coming to a shopping center near you. See the company's website at: SAM ..... :biggrin:
    [​IMG]
  2. Bruce_B

Bruce_B Rockstar

Interesting, but it seems a little expensive at $15 a scan.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

the wireless VIN code scanner isn't cheap, I'm in a business that uses them and I would think that someone would drive off with the scanner and then sell it on eBay for $200.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes, but they have your credit card number! $15 isn't a bad price, something I won't pay, because I have my own reader. Mine doesn't work on the new CAN "network" units, but it has paid for itself 10 times over and made me oh so popular with my friends when their check engine light comes on. If you'd like to read more about the SAM business model, check out this article from the Tire Business industry publication. (caution pdf file):eek:
  5. doug

doug Member

auto zone does it for nothing