1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

driveabilty problems with an 05 silvy 5.3

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wadestevens, Mar 19, 2010.

1. wadestevens

wadestevens New Member

when idrive awhile and go to stop sometimes it doesn't want to idle well. to me the truck idles too low anyways. At opperating tempreture (205 to 210 degrees) it only idles @ 500 rpm and if it idles for more than a couple of minutes it starts to stumble a bit. I know the stumbling and occasional stalling is because it's idleing too low , but how do I fix it??????/
  2. derekj

derekj New Member

Clean out the throttle body,(remove the intake). There will be some black residue that you can clean off with a rag and dw40. You will see how it does not allow the plate to close all the way.
  3. 99silv53

99silv53 New Member

i have a 99 5.3 and it idles at 500 just fine, maybe u have a vacuum leak or something else is the problem.