1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

driver door???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by joshs02ss, Jan 8, 2010.

1. joshs02ss

joshs02ss New Member

My door always sound like its open? i have check the seal and it still looks very serviceable and quess to what it could be? drives me crazy please help???
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

driver door

Try closing a dollar bill in the top of the door with the window open, than slide the bill down the door until it meets less resistance. That spot is most likely the air leak.
  3. japsmash2001

japsmash2001 Member

very common, the wind blew it open or the door was over extended. try bringing in the strike plate on the door jamb. take a felt marker, fine tip, and outline the striker plate. loosen the torque bit bolts a little then tap it in with a hammer so it moves about 20k inch. tighten the bolts, not too tight, and drive it. repeat as needed.

if this doesnt fix it, let me know, the jamb may have to be realigned.
  4. joshs02ss

joshs02ss New Member

thanks ill try and let you know
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sagging Door Silverado

The late model trucks have a poor hinge design. If the wind catches your door an swings it open it can crack the welds on the mount. I had an 06 where the hinge cracked twice. The second time, the dealership ran a heavy bead all the way around the hinge plates. The door sagged to the point that it started pinching on the front fender when I opened it.
    [​IMG]
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On my S-10 I had that open air feel and sound as well, and I had no bushings left in the door. I replaced the pins and bushings in the hinges, and now there is no more wind noise in the cab. Hope you figure it out, because I know that has to be annoying.