1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Information Center -- Should I push dealer..?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Rockweiler, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Rockweiler

Rockweiler New Member

I recently (about two weeks ago..) purchased a 2010 Silverado LS (4x2). It's not a base model but it's also not top of the line so I had just accepted the fact that I didn't have the DIC and was planning on eventually installing it since it's relatively cheap and easy.

However, I was just cleaning out my glovebox and noticed that I had my original window sticker. The window sticker says that my truck should have come with the Driver Information Center but I certainly don't have it.

It also says "Deluxe Roof Console" which I don't think I have.. I just have the map lights and airbag indicators, nothing "deluxe" about it.

Should I go back to the dealer and see if I can possibly get these addition features that I apparently paid for and did not receive installed?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I would at least go try and find out.. And if it is on the window sticker i would complain...
  3. Rockweiler

Rockweiler New Member

Does anybody know what the Deluxe Roof Console would be? I've searched here and the Internet in general and don't see anything about it.. before I go complain about it I would like to know what I'm complaining about. I've wanted the DIC ever since I read about it on here, so I will almost certainly be complaining about it, but the Roof Console isn't really that important.
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Be careful with how you interpret what the sticker says. I was looking at mine a few days ago and also noticed that it listed something about the Driver Information Center. When I paid a bit more attention, though, I realized that it actually said "Driver Info Center Display". It's subtle, but I think that just refers to the fact that you have the dash display that will show you the DIC information but it doesn't mean that your truck came with the actual DIC buttons. At least, that's how I see it. Your sticker may say something different, though.
  5. troutbug

troutbug Member

X2 on that. Mine actually says "Driver Information Center", without "display", but it was the same deal. You still have limited access to it through the odometer stem, but I wanted to be able to change my door lock settings and monitor the tire pressure. The manual actually gives instructions for using the DIC "with and without DIC buttons", so it must all be considered DIC.
  6. 04-silverado

04-silverado New Member

* goto: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
    * input your VIN
    * that'll give you a readout of the RPO codes (items which should be on the truck, from the factory)

Browse through those codes... see if either the DIC or the Deluxe Roof Console is listed. If so, you got a legitimate beef with GM (via the dealership that sold the truck to you).

Also, if those RPO codes are listed on the VIN readout (see link above)... check the STICKER (typically inside, to the bottom of the glove box). If those RPO codes are not listed there... hmmm? But if they are listed there, you should get no argument from the GM dealership!