Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Driver Seat Moves on its own

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Greybeard, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Does anyone have a problem with their seat moving forward when truck is turned off?
    I stop, put truck in park, and seat goes all of the way forward. Jams my knees in the dash.
    It happened three times now.
    Silverado
    2004 Duramax, 2500 HD
    six way power seats.
    Thank You

2. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi, Welcome to The Club. Mine started to do that. It always went rearward, for easy exit, but now it changed it's mind and goes forward. I haven't had time to check it out. Good luck with yours. Maybe someone else will help us both.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Gm began using a body module that controls a lot of the creature comforts in new vehicles, I'm not positive what model year they started using them but I do know 2 truck owners with 06 model trucks that had similar issues and the problem was traced back to a bad body module.
    Just something to look at.