Driver side A/C stuck on hot, passenger side fine-2005 Silverado manual dual temp

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by person197, Dec 4, 2011.

1. person197

person197 New Member

I have a 2005 Silverado. It has the manual climate control (dual zone). I had both passenger and driver side set on hot. I turned them to cold and I noticed the driver side was still blowing hot air. The passenger side went to cold as it should have. I have done a lot of reading and it seems to be the blend door actuator. I turned off the truck and back on and it is working fine now. Could it be a one time error or a sign of things to come? I have the center console so I am not sure where to find this actuator. Some things I have read say it's on the driver side and some say the passenger. Should I just wait and see if it acts up again?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!!

I also have an 05' Silverado, but mine has the dual digital climate control. There are 3 actuators located on the passenger side, under the dash and on the side of the center console. You have to take most of the panels under the dash off to get to them, they are pretty pricey too so I hope for your sake that it's a one time spoof!!

3. person197

person197 New Member

Yeah I hope a one time thing! The actuator (Dorman aftermarket one) is about $95. I just wish I knew how to fix it. The dealer I am sure will want $500 + with labor.