1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver side door problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tamiller72, Nov 28, 2011.

1. tamiller72

tamiller72 New Member

I have a 2007 Silverado 5.3L. Last weekend I had to call roadside assistance to come and unlock my truck. Then on Tuesday I started getting warning lights and the locks cycled. I took it to my mechanic and there were no codes on the computer. Then on Wedensday while I was at a meeting I came out to my truck and the door was opened. I tried to shut it, but it would not shut, just kept bouncing open. I had to hold the door shut tight and lock it for it to stay closed. When I got home it would not open from inside or out.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How did roadside assistance unlock it? Did they go from the top or down the door panel? If they went down the door panel they may have knocked a rod off or bent it. Sounds like you may have to get it open and pull the inside panel to see what is going on in there.