Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Driver side door won't open from outside

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by touque, Sep 1, 2009.

1. touque

touque New Member

On my '97 extended cab sierra the driver side door will not open from the outside. Over the years I have replaced both the driver and passenger outside door handles, but this time the handle seems intact. I took the inside handle and door cover off and could see that when I lift the outside handle that the latch does move. I tried the passenger side as well to compare and it looks like the passenger side moves the latch more. So the handle appears to be working but not good enough. I haven't yet removed the latch, could there be anything that could be adjusted to vary the stroke of the outside handle?
    One more thing, when I partially re-assembled the door it would not open from the inside as well. I had to pull on the lock/unlock rod a bit more than it opened from the inside. than I pulled harder to see if theat is the issue for the outside handle, but no success.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009