Driver side Electrical problem - any ideas??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blappin, Dec 1, 2011.

1. blappin

blappin New Member

Last night I noticed that the interior light would not come on when the driver door was open then I noticed that the entire instrument panel on the door was not lite up. None of the window controls work, dock locks, seat heater or memory seats (all of driver door). Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Also I forgot to add that this on a 2003 Yukon XL.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Have you checked the fuse's, to see if they are blown??......if their OK then ......for the Interior dome light and the other interior lights, check the following.......there is a Thumbwheel(Pictured Below) next to the headlight switch, turn the wheel up, as it controls lights for the Dash Cluster and IIRC the other the lights that you have mentioned......there's also a dome over-ride button, on the Headlight control(Pictured Below)......push the button out as it controls the Interior Dome light, it should come on when you push the button,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If all the controls are out on the door I would guess that It could possibly be a broken wire (maybe a ground). I have seen them break inside the rubber tube that runs from the truck to the door, near the hinge.

4. blappin

blappin New Member

So I just checked the fuses and found that the fuse marked as DDM (Driver Door Module) was bad so I pulled it and was going to replace it but found that it was not bad - I'm just not getting power to that fuse. Any ideas why??

5. blappin

blappin New Member

I did check the fuse and it is fine but I am not getting any power to it. I tried a couple things today and found that when I turned the ignition over it dings for approx 10 seconds during that time I can roll the windows up and down and even lock the doors but once the dinging stops I can not roll the windows up or down and the door locks do not work.

6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Based on what you have found already, I would suggest checking for broken wires under the dash and in the door loom. That sounds a lot like you are having a communication failure between the computer and the DDM. If there is no broken data wire anywhere, check the power distribution in the fuse box. If there are no wiring issues, you might be having a BCM issue where the computer is not communicating with the DDM Properly

7. blappin

blappin New Member

I think I found that the entire DDM is shot. Does anyone know where I can get another one cheap?

8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would give http://www.schramauto.com a call. They are usually pretty reasonable with their pricing. Their online ordering is down right now and most the time it does not show all the parts that they have. The worst that could happen is they say they don't have one. the number is1-800-462-9292