1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver side mirror replacement

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyGirl95, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ChevyGirl95

ChevyGirl95 New Member

Hi, I have a 95 Silverado K1500 and the driver side mirror plastic black part is busted, fortunately I have part that broke off. I've tried epoxy and a plastic kind of super glue to try and glue it back together but nothing is working. I really don't want to spend $50 to replace it unless I have too. Does anyone have any ideas of what will glue it back together or am I just better off buying a new mirror???
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

I would think that that any glue you use would fail once you get up to speed.
    I once borrowed a plastic welder (great big soldering gun) and repaired the bumper cover on my wife's van. That lasted a couple of months before somebody else ran into her - but most of the welds held!
    You might also just buy another one from a salvage yard and swap it out.

Good luck,
  3. ChevyGirl95

ChevyGirl95 New Member

Yeah I actually wound up buying both mirrors from a guy that has a place called Top Trucks. I mentioned it to him when I was there about getting a lock for the tailgate and he happened to have both sides for the truck so I got both. I've already replaced the broken drivers side one and I'm going to be replacing the passenger this weekend because it's cover in bugs that have dug into the plastic. So, she looks better now.