Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Drivers arm rest.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Fargon, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Fargon

Fargon New Member

So I just bought a 2007 Siverado 4x4 extended cab and was told that the little seat inbetween the out side seats, folded down and became an arm rest for the drivers right arm. It wouldn't fold down. Of course when I took it to the GM dealer I was told that it's not movable and you have no arm rest for your right arm. Are you kidding me? They used to all fold down. Now what do I do? Is there an aftermarket replacement fold down seat? Can I get a folddown from a wrecked truck from a different year that I can use? Help please as I have"right arm droop". Thanks. Fargon

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. chevkid

chevkid New Member

picture would help

3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wtf i never heard of this.......... pics?

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

new to me i thought they all folded down

5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

From what you said, my guess is that you bought an 07 silverado classic. for the seats, it makes a difference. If you have the base cloth or vinyl, your center seat will not fold. It can be directly replaced with any folding console from a 99-07classic truck, or a full console from any 2003-07classic truck. If you get a folding seat, they required upscale fabric, so it will not match without replacing all seats.

If i am wrong and it is a new body truck, all center seats fold down. hope this helps

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

which body style is it? if it an 07 classic then you could pickup a 99-06 or 07 classic one from a junk yard

7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

99-06 - 07 classic

any jumpseat will work just make sure your cloth matches.

8. Fargon

Fargon New Member

------Thanks Guys------

Yeah a "Classic" blunder by GM. I'm on the hunt for fold down seat. Fargon

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If it were me, and i was told it would fold down by the dealer... I would hold them to it...make them fix it.

If you bought this from a GM dealer you will get a survey in the mail...the sales person ususally schools you on which question he needs to you amswer "completley sastisfied" to....why? Becasue GM gives the dealer bounus money for these dealerships who maintain hign custmer satisfaction....and its thousands of dollars.

So tell the dealer you wont answer that survey until they fix it....the few hundred dollars it will cost them will be worth it.

I work with a guy who was a service mananger for a GM dealer in Phoenix who gave me that tip...it got the dealer here to replace both passenger side windows for me that had scratches in them on the outside which the dealer didnt want to replace due to dirt getting trapped in the felt weather stripping.