1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver's side carpet wet....

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by privateer, Mar 15, 2009.

1. privateer

privateer New Member

I have a 2006 Silverado Crew Cab. The driver's side floor (carpet) is wet. It gets wet only when it rains. I've check to make sure it was not antifreeze. Can't find any "obvious" sources.

Any advice/thoughts/direction?

Thanks!
  2. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

I'd check the door seal, and gromet from the engine compartment to the cab to make sure there not leaking. When does it get wet? In rain/snow or all the time?
  3. kaiah723

kaiah723 Rockstar

heator core is on the passenger side so there shouldn't be antifreeze on the driverside. take a hose and pour water on front window, door or anywhere it could leak and try to pinpoint where its leaking.
  4. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

I just looked there is a tsb out for wet drivers side carpet. You might check on that.
  5. privateer

privateer New Member

Which one is the door seal? Is it the "gasket" that runs all the way around the door opening? Has a metal "U" shaped clip in it? Or the rubber that runs along the top of the door opening?

Also, where is the grommet located? I noticed one directly under the carpet, on the flat part of the floor board just in front of the seat, it has some kind of tube running through it.

And where can I find that tsb?
  6. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

The door seals would be the rubber that surround the door 1 should be on the door itself and the other on the body side of the truck. The groumet would be about where your left foot is. its on the horizintal part of the firewall and if inside the truck slightly to the left of the brake pedal. It's more then likely just above the carpeting.
  7. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

8. privateer

privateer New Member

???

That thread was about tech manuals offered from an Ohio librbary, is that the correct thread where the tsb is?
  9. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

Yep it's in there. have to go thru a few pages to get to it but it's there. Just follow directions to get in and then enter your truck info and it'dd be there.
  10. privateer

privateer New Member

OK, found the tsb's but didn't see anything about leaks.

Also, what's this about the third brake light leaking? Heard anything about this (read it on other forums)