1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Drivers side mirror

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kojack, Dec 12, 2008.

1. kojack

kojack New Member

I have a 2005 Silverado and the drivers side mirror has come off it's post. The mirror is in perfect condition except for the fact the spring isn't attached to the post. I've tried a liitle to take it apart but didn't go the extra mile to force the plastic apart.

So, is this fixable? It is a power and heated mirror, no puddle? Can I put a puddle mirror on?

thanks
    Mike
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I would say if you cannot get the mirror back on it's post, it's time for a new one. Your cheapest route would be an aftermarket mirror at most online parts stores like autopartswarehouse.com., jcwhitney.com, etc.
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

From what I understand there is a different wiring harness for puddle light mirrors than the standars mirrors.
    I have an extra set of power tilt and heated mirrors (no turn signal or puddle light) for a 2007 new body style vehicle. If it works on your vehicle let me know.
    They were take offs from mine my neghbor was going to put them on e bay but I don't know if he has sold them yet or not.
  4. andz74

andz74 Member

you can use ducktape becuse i had to that to my driver side mirror
  5. kojack

kojack New Member

Thanks everyone for your response.

I can get the mirror back on the post. I guess I'll go the way of duct tape until my b-day roles around.

Already liking this forum.
    Mike
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There is another harness for the puddle lights, if it didn't come with them you can attempt to
    provide power for the light itself if your good at auto wiring, it can be done, but you would need to do both sides. Sorry about your dilemma, hopefully your B-day isn't to far away... Welcome to the Site.....

Jeff