Drying your truck after washing it

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mehoff400, Jan 14, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. mehoff400

mehoff400 New Member 100 Posts

what are you guys using to dry your truck after washing it..... everything thing i have tried doesn't work well at all
  2. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

go to walmart an get one of the aqua towel things that are hanging in a plastis tube for around 7 bucks. they are the best thing. dont leave fuzzies all over your ride like cotton towels do, and one small cloth can dry your entire vehicle.
  3. mehoff400

tried it dont like it
  4. TonyHimself

TonyHimself New Member

how about SHAMWOW?

thats what i use, well i think, my dad said it was shamwow
  5. cascott325

blow drier?
  6. TMRuiz

TMRuiz New Member 100 Posts

I agree with cascott325 about the Walmart aqua towel they do work really well as long as you ring the towel out quite frequently. then for even better results if you have an aircompressor, blow the truck down like around the door handles and mirrors and stuff like that it makes a big difference getting all that extra water out of all the nooks and crannies.
  7. cascott325

lol, do not try the blow drier, that was a funny ha ha thing... before drying, i usually open and slam the doors a few times to get all of the water thats way up inside those cant get to places will come out
  8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mee to!

I use a chamois, (shammie) i love it they work really well.. :great:
  9. mehoff400

i had a shammie thing it has worked on everything else but my chevy for some reason i think its the wax that the detail company uses that not letting it work right or something.....i do the same thing slam all the doors really hard i havent tried the shamwow i have seen it on tv with the cool guy lookin like he is at the county fair on a comercial just wasn't sure if it was worth it i have heard good and bad stories about it
  10. Slammed07Sierra

Slammed07Sierra New Member

ya i use the shammie too, i think it works great...if you ring it out alot lol
    but as for the shamwow....i think it was a waste of money
    but thats a good idea about opening and shuting the doors a few times,
    i'll have to give that a try!!
    :happy: