1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DTC P0677 Cylinder 7 glow plug circuit

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by aboston, May 16, 2010.

1. aboston

aboston New Member

My check engine light came on after a road trip the other day and it was a P0677 code. That is the cylinder 7 glow plug circuit code. That is all the info I can find on this code. What does it mean?? Did something fail? It is running like a champ, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, other than the trouble code. I cleared the code, and it has not been back yet.

Thanks
  2. paulm235

paulm235 New Member

Hi aboston, did you ever get an answer to this or have you resolved the issue? I am having the same codes expect mine are on 7 and 8. I don't want to blindly take my truck into the dealer and have them tell me I need major work when I don't.
    Thanks
  3. aboston

aboston New Member

sorry for the delayed response. I never did find out exactly what that code meant. I have been meaning to get anothee glowplug to replace it, but havent yet. Truck is running like a top, so i am guessing it is the glowplug which i probably dont even need where i live.
  4. 54chev3100

54chev3100 New Member

Connect a test light to the positive battery post and you should get it to light up when you touch the glow plug wire. If it doesnt light up then your glow plug is bad. If it does light up then you need to pull it and measure resistance from the terminal to the threaded portion of the glow plug it should measure around 1.5 ohms. Remember cylinders 2468 are on the driver side and 1357 are on the passenger side. probably just needs a glow plug it is pretty common.