1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dual 7" Motorized screen bypass

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by lancer, Oct 22, 2010.

1. lancer

lancer New Member ROTM Winner

hey guys i just bought the dual 7" motorized touchscreen model #XDVD8183 and i'm wanting to the know if there is a way to bypass the safety switch? i've searched google a few times and found one way but i'd rather trust someone on here :great:that has experience than just someone i found on a google search. so if anyone has used this model or has experience with this PLEASE let me know before i start to install this.

Andy
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm in the process right now of by passing my pioneer 7'' touchscreen. I just ordered a wiring kit that does it. I tried like 4 different ways to run wires according to what people said online and none of those suggestions worked. You might try looking up the PAC tr7. See if they make that for your model.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The Dual is a much cheaper model and electronics then the Pioneer I think you just have to Ground A safety wire or brake wire..
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Actually that does sound right! that was how my old deck was. Completely forgot! Your lucky!
  5. lancer

ya i gave $200 for this at meijers. i've been looking at youtube and i've actually found quite a few how too's and they all say ground the brake wire and no problems. prolly be a few days before i get to working on this. i want to get my lift on first and i've got all new 4x6's to put in and the new deck. thanks for the help though guys!!!!!
  6. lancer

ok so now i've frustrated!!!! i've been working on my screen since 5pm tonight and its 9 now and i've got everything else hooked up and ready to go but everytime i touch the parking brake wire to the ground it works fine, then shut the truck off and restart it and it doesn't. i've tried several grounding places and it'll start to work so i won't mess with it, but then shut the truck off and restart it and it won't!!!!!!! what the hell can i do!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

[FONT=&quot]Try this...it worked for me...

STEP ONE. Ground the E-Brake wire.
    STEP TWO. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    ** Insert a DVD[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]** Let it play until you hear sound[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]** Press STOP twice on remote[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]** Enter 26604[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]** Press ENTER[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/302701.html[/FONT]
  8. bwhitt86

bwhitt86 New Member

You have to wire up a switch to the brake wire and the other to ground. It will not work if you just ground it. Some in dashes do work off just a ground but not dual. It has to sense you grounding the wire. So youll have to switch it on and off anytime you want to watch video. This is a fact, ive put in alot of duals unfortunetly.
  9. lancer

well i grounded the wire, put in a switch and still had to put the 26604 code in but so far so good went for a ride to get my daughter and seemed to work just fine!!!!!!
  10. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

I just grounded mine...put the code in and that was it...no switch on mine and i've had it over year...well, glad it's sort of working...;)