Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Dual battery setup on 07' 1500 Ext LTZ

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Coneklr, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Hi,
    Anyone have a write up on how to add the second battery to the drivers side stock location?
    Parts list, etc ...
    Also what would be the advantages to having the second battery?

2. Henchman

Henchman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have wondered the same thing. It seems like an awful was of space. Maybe there is something in the manual about it.

3. Offshore24

Offshore24 New Member

The advantages are pretty transpartent. Reliability. Ability to run accessories for long periods without engine running. The only down side I've read is you have to remove a support member between the fender and firewall. I've seen the writeup and parts list on several sites. A quick search should find it.

4. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Thx offshore. Yeah I'm looking to be able to run radio, etc a bit longer with ignition off.

5. alfresco2

alfresco2 New Member

I had the second battery on my 1997 K1500 HD because it eliminated the problem of dimming lights when I lifted the snowplow a lot, especially when cold and all the other lights on. After they installed the second battery, I had no more trouble.

I just got the 2007 Silverado and they are going to put the second battery in it, too. It isn't a big job, as I recall.