1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dual Batterys

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by SuperMonte, Oct 3, 2007.

1. SuperMonte

SuperMonte New Member

I see what looks like a second battery tray on the drivers side of my 07 Tahoe. Has any one hooked up a second battery on their truck?
    If so what was needed besides the battery and cables? was there some sort of switching relay or anything like that?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hmm, not sure. Basicly, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can wire dual batteries in your vehicle several ways.

First, you can get a switch kit that will allow you to move between battery A and B with other other one shut off, or run A&B together. There are some setups that allow you to isolate some components on A and run everything else on B. Or you can just simply run them together in parallel, running positive to positive and negative to negative. Only do this if you know what you're doing though.
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts