1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dual Exhaust on a 2010 Silverado Questions?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blue1992, Jan 22, 2012.

1. blue1992

blue1992 New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and this will be my first post, but hopefully not my last!! I own a 2010 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the 5.3L with AFM. I am going to get a dual exhaust with my tax return, whenever that comes in. I have been looking around at dual exhausts for quite some time, and am having trouble deciding which one to get and could use some help!
    I kind of like the MBRP exhaust, the Pro series especially. I also like the Flowmaster 40 series. I have looked all over the internet at videos of other people's trucks and how they sound. It's hard to decide without actually seeing and hearing it in person.
    I'm looking for some idea of what to get. Any comments or suggestions would help. I want something thats pretty loud and that has a nice sound and rumble to it; I don't really think it can be too loud lol. Price isn't too much of an option, just because I want to look at and research all options no matter the price.
    Thanks in advance for the advice!!
  2. audible

audible New Member

DB-Corsa exhaust. Read my other posts on exhaust.Hhere is their website.....................NO DRONE

http://www.dbexhaust.com
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! I agree with Audible. It's a very nice system by a high quality company (Corsa).
  4. blue1992

blue1992 New Member

Thanks for the info. How does it sound? And, (this is a general question towards aftermarket exhausts)how does the Active Fuel Management affect it when it drops down to 4 cyl. versus 8?
  5. audible

audible New Member

Not sure how it effects AFM...wish we could turn the dam thing on/off with a switch.:grrrrrr:

As for sound...to me...perfect. Go to youtube.com and type in "5.3 silverado dbcorsa", then listen.:glasses:
  6. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

i have 40 series on my truck
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know for sure a DiabloSport Predator programmer can shut it off and I think the Trinity can as well. I also think you can turn it off with a Hypertech programmer.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

And Welcome to the Club blue1992!
  8. audible

audible New Member

sounds nice man...how is inside noise?

9. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

Not that loud. you really only hear it between 1500 and 2000 rpms
  10. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member

I also think a truck can't be too loud! I love loud trucks! Anyways I wanted to just do true dual straights but the guy at the muffler shop I go to said when the afm kicked in i wouldn't be to happy with the sound so I went with the same set up I had on my old truck true duals with Cherry bomb glasspacks and 4"x18" tips and I love it. But everyone has their own opinion but she's definately loud.