1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dual Exhaust on a 2010 Silverado Questions?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blue1992, Jan 22, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Okay another newbie forumer here. I'm looking for some input on the same topic. I'm going down to a custom exhaust shop tomorrow to get a cat back duel exhaust put on. I have a '11 5.3 V8 silverado 1500. The exhaust place carries magnaflow and flowmaster mufflers so I have to make a decision. Someone suggested the 40 series which sounded decent when I heard it. I'm looking for a deep tone, minimal cab drone, and little crackling. For the tips I think I've already decided to go with the 4" black chrome tips, exiting behind the tire, similar to oem location.
    Any suggestions/recommendations on my setup?

If I should have created a new thread versus replying to this one let me know...I'll def. have to read over the rules this weekend.
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think alot of people like the Flowmaster 40 series because they have a nice tone or sound and have very little cabin drone.
  3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Great, thank you red Z71 Max.
  4. thatchevytruckguy

thatchevytruckguy New Member

Talk to GMCErica for all your exhaust needs lol. No, but really, she knows her stuff on this topic. AMac Im going with a flowmaster dual setup (Flowmaster 817492). I have the same truck you do. Look into it and check out the video on flowmasters website. They installed that setup on a 2010 sierra with our same motor.
  5. audible

audible Member

..........................................DB-Exhaust (by CORSA). :great:
  6. tiggermane44

tiggermane44 New Member

it also depends on how loud you want it personally i dont like mufflers because they limit noise i have a y-pipe straight 4 inch tips at a 45 degree angle and its perfect its loud enough at low rpms but its quiet to where i can easily hear my music my friend just ran straights through my x pipe magnaflow muffler and it sounded great with a low rpm rumble but a very quiet once he levels out
  7. blue1992

blue1992 New Member

What about MBRP? I think I've decided to go with the MBRP Pro Series. It seems like its good quality, and the tone and loudness seem to be what I'm looking for. Its pretty hard to know for sure until its actually on...then its kinda too late. I wish there was a way to test out exhausts on your specific truck before buying it, but unless you know someone with your exact truck and the exact exhaust that you want, thats probably not an option.
  8. BigJones105

BigJones105 New Member

I have a 2010 with the 5.3L Fuel Management. I have a dual flowmaster 40 series with chrome tips. Hums like a champ between 1500-2500 rpms. Seems a bit too loud after I pulled out of the parking lot getting it put on. You get used to whaever you put on. I have mine put on by the local Meinikie Shop for a little over $500.00. The custom bend the pipes and just pop in the muffler. That was for stainless steel so if you live in area like me in PA where they dump tons of salt on the road for a few flurries, then you are looking at about 5 years till it starts to rot out. And to answer your question about the sound when the feul management reduces cylinders...I atleast can't tell. Hope that helps!
  9. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You get a tax return? I was going to change out my exhaust system but after installing a cold air intake (K&N) and a set of short headers the truck sounds great! Might want to do those mods first, better sound with more power!