Dual Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[Question from RENTERIA316]

Does anyone have a dual exhaust on their Trailblazer? If so how much more HP do you get and what is a good recommendation. I will have the V8 and I just need to make sure the exhaust is not to big otherwise it will be noisy.

2. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I own an 04 LS TB which is a straight 6. There aren't that many exhasut systems out there that I coud find. I do know Borla makes one. Gibbson said no, that tried to make one and it sounded bad so they never put it on the market. I put a JBA exhaust system on mine. The costs was around 300.00. and I did the labor myself. I will have to say, since mine is a straight 6, uuuuugggggg....it is loud (which I did want) but I sound like a honda civic coming down the street. of course, it will sound better on a v8. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you own a 6 it does sound like a civic, it has a little more ump to it, but yeah, wasn't the best of moves.

3. ChevyFan

I couldn't even find the JBA exhaust system on their website for the Trailblazer. Do you have a link to it?

4. asstda2b

5. ChevyFan

Looks pretty sweet. The TB stock is so quiet that you can hardly even hear it running. That's fine for most. Too bad they can't get a deeper sound from it.

6. ERNIEVO

ERNIEVO New Member

Borla add-on

I see Borla has alot of the muffler-tip combos that look like it will bolt right on the trailblazer. Because of the stock mufflers placement, i think it should be no problem. Question is, how loud is it going to be? Anyone try this yet? I'm looking for a deeper sound but not like those ultra loud rice rocket sriding around

7. ChevyFan

Yeah, that's not a sound that someone expects to get coming from a Chevy. :-/

I've not seen anyone do that myself. Anyone?

8. asstda2b

Thr Borla one is around 1000 dollars. I bought the JBA system. It invols sawing off the orignal pipe and then boltin on the JBA pipe. the sound, it all depends on what you have. I have a striaght 6, so mine is loud but not overwhelming, and sounds like a civic.If you don't mind it sounding like a iciv then do JBA, but it all depends on what size you.

9. truckster

truckster New Member

i put the american thunder series on a 5.7 lt1 sounded really deep. very similar engine should produce same result. was around $400 i'm searching site now for trailblazer cat back bolt on

10. ChevyFan

Did you have it installed or was it a weekend project?