Dual exhaust ???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 89steveo50, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

So i havre a 5.3 v8 gmc sierra 1500 with a k&n airintake. I currently have n xlerator dual exhaust system that is falling apart on me. So now i am looking for a new exhaust. most likely a different brand. I hear alot of positive feed back about cherry bomb exhaust and magna flow. Im looking to connect the new exhust from the stock y-pipe. I am also looking for an exhaust that angles at the ends so its pointing out on each corner of the rear end. I am also looking for a exhaust thats got a deepy sound to it, and not a high sounding one, more like a deep throaty sound.

Any help would do!!! thanks!!!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go with the Magnaflow. What year is your truck?

3. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

its a 2002.. and will the magnaflow always have the deep rumble wheather its at idle or at cruising speed? heres a youtube video of what my current exhaust sounds like (its being seafoamed..) SeaFoam on a 02 sierra - YouTube

Also i have 3 1/4'' tips.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Go Magnaflow and have a local shop bend and weld the pipes for you.

5. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

is there a certain series of magnaflow i shouyld go with?

and also i forgot to add, im looking for that pointed end look on the tip. looks like a 45 degree angle.

6. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

MBRP makes a nice exhaust that angles out behind the rear wheels. I have one of their systems on my '03 2500HD. Really good sound and a decent price.