Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Dual exhaust ???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 89steveo50, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

So i havre a 5.3 v8 gmc sierra 1500 with a k&n airintake. I currently have n xlerator dual exhaust system that is falling apart on me. So now i am looking for a new exhaust. most likely a different brand. I hear alot of positive feed back about cherry bomb exhaust and magna flow. Im looking to connect the new exhust from the stock y-pipe. I am also looking for an exhaust that angles at the ends so its pointing out on each corner of the rear end. I am also looking for a exhaust thats got a deepy sound to it, and not a high sounding one, more like a deep throaty sound.

Any help would do!!! thanks!!!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go with the Magnaflow. What year is your truck?

3. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

its a 2002.. and will the magnaflow always have the deep rumble wheather its at idle or at cruising speed? heres a youtube video of what my current exhaust sounds like (its being seafoamed..) SeaFoam on a 02 sierra - YouTube

Also i have 3 1/4'' tips.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Go Magnaflow and have a local shop bend and weld the pipes for you.

5. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

is there a certain series of magnaflow i shouyld go with?

and also i forgot to add, im looking for that pointed end look on the tip. looks like a 45 degree angle.

6. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

MBRP makes a nice exhaust that angles out behind the rear wheels. I have one of their systems on my '03 2500HD. Really good sound and a decent price.