dual side or dual rear

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by drwdominance, Apr 7, 2010.

1. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

My question is more this. With a stock side exit obviously the paint gets affected. Will the chrome bumper get affected in the same way with a rear exit exhaust? Just trying to decide which to go with.

Thanks

2. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i've had my dual rear's out the back for 10 years now. the chrome on the bumper is still shiny.

3. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Dual side would look great, just keep the pipe away from the paint a little

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Agreed. Ive had mine both ways. Currently I have single out of the stock location only tucked up a bit more so i dont tear it off when im out in the woods... Out the back never affected my bumper, and the paint wont get messed up unless it is basically touching it...

5. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

Would the exits out the back make it a little louder as opposed to the side?

6. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i have a friend who had his flowmasters exit out the side. so i compared his side exit versus my rear exit. it didn't really sound any different on the outside. the only place it differ was inside the cabin. his was more louder than mine.

7. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

I'm thinking I look the look better of the rear exit so that's what I'll go with.
    Thanks for the input.

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Make sure you get pics.....

9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2! I would love to see it when you are done.

10. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I'm all about the dual sides, like the Lightnings...wish I had the cash to do mine right now!