1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dually Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TrailLeadr, Jun 10, 2005.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Lately I've been seeing some dually 'burbans around the web. I was talking with my father a little some time back, and he seems convinced that they made a 3500 Suburban at one time. I'm not so sure. I think those are custom aftermarket duallies.

Does anyone know if there were, factory made 1 ton suburbans?

I guess the next question is, would any of you make that conversion to your 'burban???
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm not aware of any in the recent past, but just becuase I've never seen it doesn't mean that they didn't make it.
  3. Dieselburb

Dieselburb New Member

Since the first Suburban in 1936 none have been offered in a 1ton or dually. The early ones were offered in 2 door and (oddly) 3 door, not including the rear door(s).
    I like the look of a 1ton dually Suburban and wouldn't mind converting mine one day(easy enough project). There are a few aftermarket suppliers for the fenders, they average about $500usd a pair. You can't use factory fenders because the quarter panels are different on the Suburban compared to the pick-up box. The factory fenders overlap the rear doors of the Suburban by quite a bit requiribg the use of custom short fenders.
    For the time being I'm concentrating on my other mods first so I don't get to far ahead of myself.
    Ron :D
  4. ChevyFan

That would be something, to see a customer dually suburban going down the road.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I found this on the web

[​IMG]

The owner of the site, is calling it a 4x6 suburban.
  6. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

looks like an addon kit buy the way the wheels sit normally uinder the truck and the second set are way outside the truck. texas plates aren't they. suburbans are cowboys cadies
  7. ChevyFan

The Cowboy caddilac! :)
  8. ChevyFan

The Cowboy caddilac! :) You know, Texas is an open records state, I can find out who that is! :)
  9. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

Wow, look at that thing. Is that for real or photoshopped?
  10. OldDiesel

OldDiesel New Member

Back from the dead... In the movie Twister, the bad guys have a black dually Suburban that they use to tow their trailer full of weather equipment. Truck looks awesome!