1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Duels On A 4.3

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 1955joker, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 1955joker

1955joker New Member

I put true duels on my 08 Silverado with a 4.3 but it seemed not to do anything I thought it would. No more power and fuel mileage stayed the same. Should I put a H pipe in or anything else. I also put a K&N filter in nothing helps still at 17.2 every fill up. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Stock manifolds, or did you upgrade those as well?? Do you have a way to check the Air Fuel ratio?? I would start with checking the a/f ratio, and see if that got changed. If it did you might need a tune, to get any advantage out of it.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When installing true duals a crossover or "H" pipe is always a good idea to even out the banks.
    You also want to make sure you dont put to big of pipes on, the 4.3 is particular about size pipes and if you go to big it really messes with cylinder head scavenging which in turn causes a loss of back pressure and low end torque and will sometimes decrease fuel mileage.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

We have a member on the site that does custom tunes and the turner as a package deal that will help you out a lot. His name is [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] he works for Diablosport. PM him what you need/want he is very knowledgeable.
  5. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Solid advice!
  6. 1955joker

1955joker New Member

Thanks It has stock manifolds on it and they ran 2 1/2 inch pipes from the cats with long glass packs. I don't have a way to check a/f mixture or a good place around here I trust to do it other than a dealer.
  7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

4.3??? a v-6???

the exhaust isn't going to do much for the v6... and as was mentioned, going to bigger pipe kills it even worse, you'll lose your low-end torque/power...

and diablosport tools do not support the 4.3L v6.. only v8's...
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

even with a modern truck V8 duel 2 1/2 is gonna push the too big of pipe limit (especially in a true dual set-up). I would do 2 1/4 maybe even 2 inch....just some food for thought, even the factory pipes on a 5.7 suburban are only 2 1/4 and are a true dual setup (atleast to the front of the muffler)
  9. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I run a 5.3 in a 2004 and I'm running 2.75 and the truck responded really well to it. Now, the difference, I'm running an H pipe...true duals=less power