1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dug my fog lights here's a sample pic

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Silverado 2005 LS, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I just dug out these fog lights I ordered off amazon and well... Lets say the reviews have dropped drastically since I last checked.
    1. The light are missing key bolts an washer to mount!
    2. They are not bright.
    3. They are missing some wiring also.

i ordered these and it had 4star rating but I look now and it's like 2 stars(if that) and horrible reviews same as mine. Only reason I kept them is cuz I didn't open them till now (yr an half later) so I can't return and I guess I won't use them much so they will be more for looks. But I think they look kinda small. So any opinions(good or bad:happy::grrrrrr::rofl:) tell em. I will be ordering a Carr lightwing soon, as due to my order was bumped and then cancelled as to unknown reason the seller will not tell me.. Anyways here's the rough pic(they are 30' apart)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I actually like them. They're clean and unobtrusive. The covers should be blacked out, though ... as they draw more attention to themselves due to the word 'BAJA' on them than they would if all black.
  3. Oh okay thanks !!! I agree it does steal attention
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I agree they need to be blacked out. If you are looking for something better I would put 2 sets of dual led's in the stock location. A bit pricey but would look sweet!!
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Keep me posted on if you like those lights, I was looking at them on amazon and couldn't make a decision.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would try to mount them in the stock locations. I can't stand when people mount them on top of the front bumper. The brackets always rust, one points up while the other points straight down, and end up looking like crap on an otherwise nice looking truck. I prefer the hidden approach, like surrealone did with his light bars.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  7. steved

steved Former Member

Install 100 or 130 watt bulbs.

Upgrade the wiring with a relay and heavier wiring between the light-relay-battery to handle the larger bulbs.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

He said that they were cheap. I would be concerned about melting the cheap plastic housings with a higher wattage bulb. He could install an LED equivalent bulb, it may give more brightness without the heat issues
  9. steved

steved Former Member

Unless they have changed them over the years, I ran a set of 100 watt bulbs in an identical set of lights for years, with no ill effects...although the bulbs tend to burn out quicker, but that's normal.
  10. like I said, they are not to bright unless I guess to upgrade like what these guys are talking about. But they do look good, I found serval other sets of lights I like. Only problem I running out of room for lights in my garage(I have many different set for my ATV). So I may mount some trail teks down by the stock ports... Or maybe ill do something else.. Idk I'm trying to do more sh*t than I can afford. Especially with my 1 yr coming up with my GF. Need to buy her a gift. Anyways thanks for the info. If I don't get the light wing then I may upgrade wiring an bulbs(the old Lawd knows I got many types of wiring to spare)