Dumb heated seat question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by XS ive, Nov 19, 2009.

1. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Okay, so I admit it. I may be spoiled with my new truck. It is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. At any rate. My LTZ has all the amenties including heated seats and remote start.. The manual says the seats will automatically warm when remotely started and ambient temps are low enough. Does anyone know what a low enough ambient temp. is? They activated once(don't know what temp was), but not since and I want to be sure nothing has gone awry. They work fine if I turn them on myself so it's not a fuse.
    Thanks in advance.
    Charlie

2. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

Well if your worried about the auto heat then i would get a wiring diagram or talk to someone who knows the seats pretty well. with anything like that theres a temp sensor somewhere so it might be failing or could be a defect. i would just turn them on yourself lol. but thats just me :lol:

3. read upm on your manual about how to set all your personal settings and then save them ...sit in truck and adjust everything the way you want ,, radio , htr. setting ( fan ( high for cold weather , turn heated seats on and push number 1 in l/h door pad and hol until you hear 2 beeps .. this should work when you hit your auto start