Dumb Question about leveling kits and body lifts

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by KrazyKowboy, Mar 14, 2011.

1. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

Hey sorry for the stupid question but if I am planning on lifting the body and eventually the suspension in my truck do I still need/want a leveling kit?

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If i were you i would get a suspension and then a body lift to raise it up some. You can buy lift kit's that will level your truck out like i did 7.5 inch in the front and 6.5 inch in the rear. I had to take my leveling kit off because i didn't have room for it and it would have caused allot of front end damage that isn't worth it so i wouldn't put a leveling kit on. I believe a body lift doesn't level your truck out all the way so it want be until you put the suspension lift on when it will be leveled and looking nice.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

A leveling kit is an easy and relatively cheap way to get a few inches of lift in the front end. Most body lifts should work in conjunction with a leveling kit, but suspension lifts usually require you to use the stock torsion keys. If you're absolutely set on installing a suspension lift at some point, I would save your cash and put it towards a quality lift kit.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I agree with what's been said above. I spent a couple hundred bucks on a leveling kit and then had to take it back off when I purchased my suspension lift a few months later. If you plan on going suspension any time soon, bypass the leveling kit.

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I also agree with my truck club buddys on here,save your money for a suspension lift.

6. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

Alright thanks guys I think I'm gunna save the money up and work toward the suspension lift kit. I appreciate all the insight

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well, now you owe us pictures...so don't forget to take them......we're a visual group of people

8. KrazyKowboy

KrazyKowboy New Member

will do, I should be getting the ones of it as it soon, Ill post more as I begin work