Duplicolor Shadow paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by aloxdaddy99, May 16, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

This is good info. sstoner do you have a link for the shadow tips sheet. I just looked and the only thing that I see is the general tips. I may have to try and do my parts again. Thank you for your help.

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well I think the tip sheet
    On the shadow paint page is just a generic tips sheet. It could mess you up if you only looked at the tip sheet..does three can say not to scuff prior to paint? Hopefully it does...As for redoing the parts I would think you could scuff the clear and redo it but if the first application is messed up your still going to see it possibly asits like a black candy.

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

If I am going to retry this stuff I would rather start back with it being in the chrome state. Everything that I could find said not to scuff the part first. I know that using regular spray paint you should scuff it as you said. I watched an episode of truckU and they used this stuff. They also didn't scuff the part and warned not to because it will effect the final product.
    I am a little bummed cause they made it look so easy so I had high hopes my parts would look good. I guess a wrench turner shouldn't think he could be a painter. LOL