Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

dupont paint protectent

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by djack, Jul 6, 2013.

1. djack

djack New Member

anyone had the dupont paint protectent applied to their trucks? Does it work well ? thanks

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Never heard of it, is it a clear coat sealant / pseudo polish?

3. djack

djack New Member

like a clearcoat sealant i suppose,warrantied for 5 years, protects against tree sap, bird **** acid rain no need to wax.

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

hmm... I'll have to look into it

5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

It is cheaper to buy it yourself and apply than have a dealer to it. I apply a sealer to my truck every year... maybe over kill... but allot cheaper than a repaint.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My mom has had all of her cars done since 2005, they are done before they leave the showroom. All I can say is th stuff works, she has never waxed any of her vehicles as they say you don't need to with that coating. When she traded her cars in, they were all like brand new. Well worth the money, aveo was $399.00, silverado was $999.00, price depends on size of vehicle.

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My sister had it installed on her malibu when she bought it. It looks like it works. Personally I like waxing my truck and seeing the results. It gives me a change to inspect every inch for new scratches, dents, or rust.

- - - Updated - - -

What brand sealer so you use? is it easy to install?

8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I have used both the DuPont and Adams machine sealent... I used the DuPont on my old trailblazer and the Adams on my pickup. I feel the Adams is far better... easier to apply and glossier results.

9. Cowpie

Cowpie Member 1 Year 100 Posts

When I bought my 2013 Siverado the first of June, the dealer had a product called Auto Armor applied to the paint/clearcoat. 7 year warranty. Also did an Auto Armor complete rust proofing and undercoating also. My guess is that the product the OP mentioned is probably similar.

10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I use Chemical Guys Jetseal which can be used on anything, then also Griot's Garage paint sealant.