Duramax vs Z06 Corvette

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by unplugged, Jun 11, 2009.

1. unplugged

unplugged New Member

Crazy this Duramax slays a Z06 vette with a 12.18 quarter mile.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y210NRGehlI"]YouTube - Duramax VS Z06[/ame]
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I can believe that, when we were at Pink's all out last year at Norwalk raceway we saw a 2000 Dodge Ram get all the way into the finals with a 10.80! Everyone was blown away with that truck too, it is impressive when you see a full size truck beat out any muscle car or sports car.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

Here is a video from a truck called Max'd Out. I was at the opener for the NHRDA diesel truck drags in Portland, OR when this was filmed. He has since broke into the 9's.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

that is impressive!!!!
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member

i bet that guy in the corvette feels like **** lol
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

Looks to me the Duramax simply crushed him on the 1/8, and it was close on 1/4. I'm guessing with another 1/8, the Duramax would have been looking at taillights.

Even so, that is pretty awesome. He could certainly smoke anything from a stoplight.
  7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member

very impressive
  8. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 New Member

lol, I wouldnt go talking about that race if I was the guy in the vette
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

holy crap. thats crazy. i've never seen that.
  10. Boxman7481

Boxman7481 New Member

WOW that was truly great
  11. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

don't underestimate the all mighty "D"
  12. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member

is that truck spinning the tires all the way down the track?
  13. str8himalaya

str8himalaya New Member

There was a 1998 ram 2500 cummins that ran a 9.51 in indianapolis last march for pinks all out. He runs out at the dragway outside my home town all the time. Its sick fast.
  14. Demon_Speeding

Demon_Speeding New Member

Before my Yukon, I had a 2006 F-250 Crew Cab with the 6.0L diesel. This doesn't surprise me in the least. I beat a Z06 one time too. I had done some major upgrades including a Water/Methanol injection system and NOS system. These diesels can put out some major power. My truck weighed in at 8200 pounds race ready. The one Dyno run BEFORE I added the power adders and bigger turbo showed 1700 ft.lbs. of torque. Add the 4wd for traction and you got a heck of a racer. :)

BTW- the guy in the vet I raced was laughing at me at the starting line while I was putting on my helmet. Helmets were required for any vehicle running faster than a 14 sec 1/4 mile. He thought my helmet was a joke until I was waving at him from the return lane while he was still looking for the exit. :)
  15. Demon_Speeding

Another thing I forgot to add, here's a vid of one of my favorite diesel hot rods:

YouTube- Nasty Girl on the dyno!!

It's a Chevy too!! She's called Nasty Girl. Last I heard, she was running 1400 HP. Don't know what the torque is.
  16. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Holly S--- !!!! That is sweet.. Is that a Reg Silverado body? Gotto love Dyno's Just like Treadmills Only faster....
  17. Demon_Speeding

Don't really know. Just LOVE that power. :)
  18. s5belford

s5belford New Member

That is sooooo awsome!!! I'd love to pull up to a stupid dodge viper or other clown at a light in a durmax and blow his doors off!!!