Durmax Diesel in a Suburban??? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ProzacKid, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone have any idea when Chevy is going to put the Durmax in a 3/4 ton Suburban.

Anyone have any ideas about this? Will it happen?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

?? -- don't have a clue about the diesels. I'm trying to learn more as the cost of gas/diesel is a pretty big deal right now.

What does everyone think about the bio-diesel? I know willy drives his tour bus on bio-diesel.

3. OldDiesel

OldDiesel Rockstar 100 Posts

Durmax Diesel in a Suburban???

Saw a magazine article on this a while ago... I guess GM at the time had absolutely no interest in putting the Dmax in the 'burban line, but there is a guy doing the conversion on his own, I think somewhere here in Ohio. I guess the install is top notch and good enough to fool even some of the most die hard 'burban/Silverado guys into wondering if the truck came that way.

**Edit** Found the article online...
    This guy can do it for you.

4. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

What a job, the guy gets paid for that ;-) Sweet

5. Guest

Guest Guest

You have to love it when a mod comes out so well that it looks factory. Hey, Mike, did you finish with the center console? Got any pics of it?

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's pretty awesome. GM should pay attention and hire that guy. ... nah, he's probably better off on his own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.