DVD display while driving

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by blcdog, Oct 2, 2009.

1. blcdog

blcdog New Member

Anyone know how to bypass the lockout to display the dvd in the Nav screen while driving?
  2. project86

project86 New Member

try setting your park brake to the first click that should bypass the lockout and it won't hurt your park brake.
  3. Land Shark

Land Shark New Member

If it's an aftermarket install they usually hook it up to the sensor that tells the vehicle is in park. You may have to ask someone at a local audio shop.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

i wouldnt mess with the parking brake, depending on the year of vehicle and what it is, it can be very touch on setting the parking brake. If its a factroy DVD it could be pretty tough to take that safety feature out. Most likely it is embedded within the computer. As most stuff in the stereos are these days. If its aftermarket it is hooked to the parking brake or the transmission and it can be switched over.
  5. darksight

darksight New Member

I dont suggest that you override the safety feature of your head unit. Its that way so you will pay attention to your driving an not the dvd thats playing. Here is a link:

http://www.coastaletech.com

:slap: just be smart when using this unit.
  6. LDB

LDB New Member

Having a DVD playing visible to the driver is an invitation to disaster. I'd like to think nobody would be stupid/foolish enough to do such a thing and that having a vehicle capable of such a thing would incur an appropriate fine to make it too risky to do it.
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

Hook it up to a toggle switch, I did this to a friend's truck so her nieces and nephews wouldn't be so bothersome while driving.. This is so that when you are driving you can quickly switch it off in an emergency, like is a copper is lurking around. But I suggest not to even play it while driving.
  8. sfilipe

sfilipe New Member

Depends on the make of your headunit. Some of them you can just ground the wires that connect to the parking break. Others are harder to bypass. I know on my alpine iva w505 it needs a whole break sequence of: foot break, parking break, release parking break, parking break again, release break. So there is a module to bypass this called the tr7. There are two different makers of this so search around. This works for Alpine and probably other headunits but find out before you order.
  9. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy New Member

I couldn't agree more. It's illegal for a reason.
  10. Michaelofhearts

Michaelofhearts New Member

Well Ill answer your question....Ground the wire. It will work as if the parking break is down.
    (on most models) some have more advanced sensors, but this has worked on every head unit I've installed