1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dvd player

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by brian704, Dec 8, 2008.

1. brian704

brian704 New Member

who has a aftermarket dvd player i am looking to get one i just dont know if i want the double din full screen or a flip out screen what do you all think.

if you got one post some pics please
  2. unknown19

unknown19 New Member

I haven't personally had one... yet :lol:.... but one of my buddies had a double din full screen and a flip out DVD player, and both where pretty awesome. I think it's just all a preference of what you want.. I actually liked the full screen player myself.. it was alot easier to see... but again it all comes back to your preference.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They seem to be a bit more expensive, but I personally prefer the double-din units. They actually look like they belong there. To me, the flip-up looks a bit tacky. I would get such a unit for my truck, but my 01 is only 1.5din, so with the modding it would take, it still might look out-of-place. Your signature says you have an 06, so a double=din unit will fit, won't look like some tacky tuner mod, and will just look better overall, imho.
  4. 83BigBoy

83BigBoy New Member

i have a really good flip out in my Yuk. it's a valor touchscreen 7inch dvd,cd, and it is a great head unit to use very simple and non flashy.
  5. identityPRS

identityPRS New Member 100 Posts

i agree with the guy a few posts up. the double dins look alot better to me. they look closer to factory. i have a kenwood double din in my truck and i wouldent change it for the world! its all personal preferece...
  6. raisor87

raisor87 New Member 100 Posts

double din have less problems after long tern use but flip outs are less noticable and less likely to be stolen
  7. Fun stuff

Fun stuff New Member

I've heard of the flip outs hitting the shifter if your an automatic. In park that is. But i prefer the flush look of the double. My screen adjusts up a pretty good ways if your worried about viewing position. I run a Kenwood 6019 with the external navi unit for it. Good DVD for the price and if you want you can always purchase the navi later. If your worried about getting it stolen get an alarm. A 2 way one so you can actually do something when your getting jacked.

Attached Files:

8. silverado480

silverado480 New Member

That is clean fun stuff I have a flip out in my truck but I would prefer the double din one.
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Doubbles are good. Remember that most DVD players won't work while you're driving.
  10. raisor87

raisor87 New Member 100 Posts

theres a way around that just ground out the brake wire