1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. Amanda411

Amanda411 New Member

I don't know what I would do without the DVD! The kids love it and it keeps the occupied while I drive. It's the best thing for me when I'm driving! I highly recommend it.
  2. Meathead

Meathead New Member

I was thinking of getting an aftermarket DVD player just to keep the passangers occupied while on trips, etc. I know that the #1 best use is to keep kids occupied!
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I have thought about getting one as well, but I like my peace and quite when I'm driving. just me and the radio.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

5. Amanda411

Amanda411 New Member

Well, when you have little ones. It's well worth the investment!
  6. kamikos

kamikos New Member

I've got an Alpine DVD HU in mine and I use it most on my lunch breaks from work.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Lunch break? What's that? :-(
  8. kamikos

kamikos New Member

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've been sitting at my desk for lunch most days for the last 6 weeks. Big projects and deadlines lie ahead.
  10. cheffernan

cheffernan New Member

One small problem with aftermarket DVD players is that if you mount them in the stock radio location and they are the type that have the motorized screen, the gear shift lever gets in the way if the truck is in oark. I'm looking at getting one by JVC that has a small 3" screen on the fron of it and outputs for other screens throughout the car for a very reasonable price (about $420 on ebay) compared to $1500-$2000 for one with a 7" motorized screen. It has everything- 4 way amplifier, DVD player, tuner, Sirius radio campatibility, you can even set it up for a second zone if you want to listen to the radio while your kids watch a movie on headphobes in the back.