1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Dyno mat????

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by joshs02ss, Jan 8, 2010.

1. joshs02ss

joshs02ss New Member

Is it worth it?? is there a alternative? i have 05 silverado ext cab!! base model its noisy as hell and it drives me crazy!!! i can hear every thing please help!!!

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Great stuff. I still have a roll of it up in the rafters of the garage. Bought it at a "going out of business" sale from a car audio place. Used it on a Pantera I had to help muffle the noise coming from the engine compartment right behind my ear.

The brush on spray on bedliner material may work better in some applications. Did the trunk of an Impala with a brush on bed liner. Dressed up the look and deadened the noise. Dynamat wouldn't have worked as well because it wouldn't have been covered with paneling or carpet.

3. txsilverado

txsilverado Member

Dynamat is definately a good choice. But there is a little bit cheaper option we are trying at the shop called ballistic. Appearently it has a thicker aluminum which is supposed to be better sound insulation. ill keep yall updated on how it works.

4. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Try SecondSkinAudio.com

5. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

x2 for secondskin--
    plan on doing my doors and back panel of the cab... and maybe pull the headliner out and do that one day.
    the only thing i dont like about the CC's is noise!! Even when played at a low level you can hear the music from outside the truck with the windows up. this should be a night and day difference
    good luck

6. ZSI52

Agreed. I was told by one of the Second Skin Audio guys I would need 120 sq ft of Damplifier to do the back panel, doors, Roof, and the bottom of the Cab. I plan on doing it after I get rims/tires/ and a lowering kit.

7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Second Skin = For the win!!!

8. joshs02ss

joshs02ss New Member

what about smell heard that some of that stuff stinks when it gets hot out side!!!

9. 02greenmachine

02greenmachine New Member

I just got done doing a complete stereo install on my single cab truck. I used 20sq ft of dynamat. I am running a single 12" @3k watts and infinity kappa components with a memphis 4 channel amp. I have no rattles except for my door handle on the outside. And it is very quiet on the outside compared to before.

10. ZSI52

Depends on the brand. Most brands use different types of material to make the sound deadener stick to the surface. I heard that second skin audio and dynamat doesn't smell bad. I also heard that fat mat will make your truck
    smell like a newly paved asphalt road.