1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dynomax VT - anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KidHauler, Jun 10, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

I'm almost ready to replace the exhaust on Da Bus (85 G30 350 4v 12 pass van), and had planned out duals with Thrush Turbos all the way out back, when...

I saw an ad for the new Dynomax VT series muffler - no drone until you romp on it, then free flow. I figure this is the best of both worlds - no screaming across the already cavernous interior, but it still looks cool, so it outta sound cool.

Have any of you heard these up close? Better yet, installed them? I can't find many sound clips.

Thanks a lot.

12-28-10 Just an update, for those interested - I went with the single VT, and dual pipes exiting the sides in front of the rear tires, capped off with Corvette style tips. It looks and sounds great. There is a little chatter on cold start ups, but quiet when warmed up. It IS quiet inside at cruising, and around town, but wakes right up when you get into the pedal. I think it was worth the money for what I was trying to accomplish.

Enjoy,
    D
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010