1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

e load rated towing tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pewterburb, Mar 22, 2010.

1. pewterburb

pewterburb New Member

finally got the travel trailer, 32-ft regular hitch, to tow behind the 99 suburban, 5.7-liter vortec 350, as long as it can. ran across discussions about putting e load rated tires on the pulling vehicle to give stiffer sidewalls to help prevent sway (got the bars, too) and possibly even to help a bit with gas mileage.

only trouble is trying to find decent tires sized (235/75/15) or something that will go on those stock custom 15-inch rims on the burb. could go with d rated tires but i'm leaning toward the e's. michelin has an a/s tire but it starts at 16 inches.

any knowledge of a tire out there that would be an e series with a decent reputation that would be in a 235/75/15? if so, i haven't found it. did run across the kumho tire and no i wouldn't put that on anything :lol:
  2. pewterburb

pewterburb New Member

3. pewterburb

pewterburb New Member

4. pewterburb

pewterburb New Member

5. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

I pull a 7400# Airstream travel trailer with a 2004 2500 Suburban. I use laod range E Michelins from Sams Club. Load range E's do start at 16 in. @500 Subs come with 245x75R16 E's. I replaced my original with 265's.

With that big a trailer make sure that you use a quality weight distribution/sway control hitch system. Also check the hitch receiver on your Sub. The OEM receivers on GM trucks are junk when it come to heavy trailers. I have had weld cracks on two of them.

Brian